Do you live a full and active life?
Do you believe that everyone has a right to do so?
Do you have the vision and passion to work in a Supported Self-Directed Living Community Service?
We are currently looking for Health Care Assistants (HCAs) and offering permanent contracts, working 39 hours per week. The HCA will assist the people we support in all aspects of daily living in line with the needs, will and preference of the individual and as outlined in an agreed care plan. The HCA must be flexible in their approach to service provision and should have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- A certificate in Healthcare Support at QQI Level 5 (all 8 modules completed)
Experience and skills required:
- Experience in supporting individuals to live a good life
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and report writing
- Ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to ensure a safe working environment
- Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
- Must be willing to participate in swimming pool activities
- Must be willing and able to work rosters that include days, nights, split shifts, late evenings, sleepovers and weekends
- A full, clean, manual, Irish driving licence and own transportation are essential
- Must be willing to drive Aurora’s transport vehicles
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter to: HR@aurorakilkenny.ie. The closing date for applications is close of business Thursday 29th February 2024. Please find a full job description for the role below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Aurora Enriching Lives, Enriching Communities is an equal opportunities employer.