Do you live a full and active life?
Do you believe that everyone has a right to do so?
Are you willing to be ‘led’ by a young woman who requires some supports to live her ‘good life’?
We are recruiting a team member to provide such supports for a 22-year-old woman called ‘Jane’ who enjoys swimming, socialising, travel, fashion, good food, being on the go and the outdoors. At other times, ‘Jane’ likes to relax through listening to her music or watching her favourite TV shows.
Providing supports to ‘Jane’ to live her good life fosters opportunities to learn and gain experience. As a team member, the rewards can also be amazing as you:
- Work in partnership with other(s) who support good lives
- Become part of a community-based team
- Have the chance to form lasting relationships
The role is for 24 hours per week to support ‘Jane’ – 6 hours across 4 days. Flexibility is required so that ‘Jane’ can explore opportunities to live her good life.
If you feel that you could be a good match then please apply!
- Linked to the HSE salary scales (Care Assistant)
- A certificate in Healthcare Support at QQI Level 5 (all 8 modules completed)
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in supporting individuals to live a good life
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Planning and organisational skills
- Ability to ensure a safe work environment
- Basic hygiene and infection control knowledge
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and reporting writing
- Must be willing and able to participate in swimming pool-based activities, as ‘Jane’ swims 3 times a week
- A full, clean, manual, Irish driving licence is essential
- Must be willing and able to drive the Aurora and other vehicles
- Must be willing and able to work rosters that include both days and occasional evenings
- We are seeking an energetic person who has strong values in respect of upholding and promoting people’s rights to live the good life
To apply for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter to: HR@aurorakilkenny.ie. The closing date for applications is close of business Friday 16th February 2024. Please find a full job description for the role below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Aurora Enriching Lives, Enriching Communities is an equal opportunities employer.